Junior Lifeguard instructors are hired each Spring for Summer Seasonal work. We offer positions at both our program locations in North and South Orange County: Salt Creek Beach, Dana Point and Newport Dunes Back Bay.
A summer job at the beach is an experience that you will cherish forever. Working with today’s youth is rewarding and builds some outstanding job and life experience. There is so much to be gained by working for our programs!
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Our employees supervise participants in the beach environment and teach all instructional material required. Instructors teach, motivate, lead and inspire the participants in their groups in a variety of activities. Prospective employees should have a love for children, the ocean and the outdoors!
Applicants interested in instructor positions must be at least 18 years of age!
Those interested in becoming an instructor who is 16 or 17 years of age can apply for an internship position. Both positions are applied for in the same manner.
Employees are expected to be mature in handling the supervision of the participants. They should physically fit and possess beach related skills – such as swimming, paddling, and other ocean activities. Ocean safety knowledge and teaching skills are a plus for all instructors.
Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled. To allow time for proper processing and attend necessary training sessions, please turn in applications by the second week of April. To apply please download an application, follow the instructions to fill it out, and mail it to CAJG headquarters. You can also request an application by mail. Call 714. 901. 9030 and leave your name, address, and phone number. You can also request an application by email by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to view and print the forms on this page, you must have Adobe Acrobat 4.0 or greater. If you do not have it, you may download a free copy from http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html.
- WHERE: New Employee Tryout Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort 1131 Back Bay Dr. Newport Beach, CA 92660
- WHEN: May 3rd, 8am.
- Who: All interested applicants for either internship or instructor positions.
- What: Tryouts consist of an ocean swim of about 800 yards and a Run-Swim-Run; candidates are judged on the strength of their physical abilities in finishing the events. Wetsuits are optional.
- Details: Tryouts begin promptly at 8:00 AM. Please arrive at 7:45 to complete the paperwork. Upon completion of your tryout, you will be given a time for an interview later that morning.
- Interview: Interviews are casual attire. Feel free to bring a resume to the interview to explain your qualifications.
Those who are accepted into the training portion of the hiring process will be trained by the CAJG directors as a lifeguard. Acceptance is based on the tryout and interview. The lifeguard training is an extensive course that includes aspects of first-aid, CPR, and lifesaving skills and is an American Red Cross Certification. This certification is essential for any lifeguarding job. It is normally a very expensive course but is offered to potential employees free of cost by CAJG.